The Health Benefits of Organic Coconut Oil
There’s a new health food you can use in your in your quest to ward off disease and maintain optimal health – organic coconut oil. Actually organic coconut oil is not new – it’s been around for quite some time – but it’s amazing health benefits have only recently being discovered and revealed, and they are so effective they should literally be included in everyone’s diet.
Organic coconut oil can be used as a cooking oil, because it can withstand very high temperatures without becoming burned or suffering heat damage, and it can easily be ingested, for instance on salads, because it’s very easy for your system to digest. In addition, the fatty acids of organic coconut oil are quickly converted into energy in your body, rather than being stored as fat, so your metabolism gets a boost and your weight loss program is accelerated.
Even though coconut oil is 90% saturated fat, it is composed of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) and not the more harmful long-chain triglycerides. Medium-chain triglycerides are metabolized much differently than their long-chain cousins, and go directly to the liver of the body, where they used as a quick energy source. There are even more health benefits of organic coconut oil, which make it highly desirable as a regular part of your diet.
- Immune system support– the lauric acid properties of organic coconut oil act as a supporting nutrient for the immune system, protecting the body from illness and disease
- Heart health– it contains a great many healthy fats that are terrific for your heart
- Energy boost– organic coconut oil is instantly converted into energy in your system, stimulating your metabolism and making you feel less fatigued. Surprisingly it can also improve your athletic performance when taken regularly
- Healthy thyroid function– it helps to stimulate the proper function of the thyroid and all its related activities, providing much more energy
- Healthy skin– it can actually be used as a lotion that will improve your skin, hair, and fingernails, because it has superior moisturizing effects that promote elasticity and youthful-looking skin
- New cell promotion– because it stimulates the metabolism, it also speeds up the generation of new cells in your body, so that older, less effective cells are promptly replaced
- Promotes antibacterial activity– the monolauric acid in organic coconut oil has many natural agents which reduce viruses, fungi, and bacteria which may cause herpes, flu, and other illnesses
- Improved insulin generation– it helps to utilize the glucose in your body better so that insulin output can be more balanced, and the health risks and other symptoms of diabetes can be reduced and managed better
- Protection against disease– research suggests that organic coconut oil may protect the body from free radicals which damage cells
- Improved brain function– studies have shown that organic coconut oil can improve brain function in patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, and MCT’s are now being projected as a potential therapy for such patients
Posted in: Fitness Hacks